- 1). Turn off all of the Tahoe's electrical devices and lights. Remove the keys from the ignition.
- 2). Tilt the steering wheel as low as it can go. Insert a screwdriver into the space between the dashboard trim and its frame and pry upward. Slowly work your hands around the edge of the dashboard trim to remove it from the vehicle. Be careful, as the plastic can easily break.
- 3). Remove the four screws on the instrument panel. Tilt the panel upward and disconnect the electrical connector at the rear of the panel. Pull it out of the vehicle.
- 4). Pull the "Check Engine" lightbulb off the panel and replace it with a new bulb. Connect the electrical connector and put the keys in the ignition to test the lights. Do not turn on the engine.
- 5). Remove the keys from the ignition and place the panel back into the vehicle. Reattach the screws and reinstall the trim.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time