One of the reasons that video marketing is so effective is that prospective customers can actually "see you" which immediately helps establish a sense of trust for the consumer.
However, many business owners find YouTube to be too time-consuming and overwhelming.
To keep your marketing time to a minimum, here are five tips that will streamline the time that you spend marketing on YouTube.
1) Shoot Five Videos in One Sitting One of the most time-consuming parts of video marketing is setting up your camera, the lighting and other essentials.
Instead of shooting five videos on five separate occasions, shoot five videos all at the same time.
Each video only needs to be between 3 and 5 minutes.
Overall, if you spend 15- 25 in one sitting, you will save loads of set-up and take-down time.
2) Use An Outline Never sit down and start talking.
You need to have some sort of a plan before you begin shooting your video.
Although you definitely don't need a full-script, you do want to have a basic outline to follow.
This will save you time, energy and plenty of frustration in the end.
You can type up a few bullet points and hang it from your video camera.
This allows you to follow a general outline and sound more professional.
3) Upload Five Videos At Once Instead of uploading a video on Monday and another on Wednesday, make it a point to load five videos in one sitting.
The process of loading videos all at one time will save you roughly thirty minutes every week.
4) Do Not Be a Perfectionist One of the top mistakes in video marketing is that individuals become overly perfectionistic when it comes to their videos.
Then of course, they start over - again and again.
I once had a client who shot 150 takes before he was happy with the results.
Obviously, shooting videos over and over again will destroy your time-management efforts.
Remember that your goal is not to shoot professional quality videos.
Your goal is to relay important and relevant information to your audience.
In fact, many people appreciate the small quirks and imperfections that accompany video marketing.
So, if you say a few "ummms" while you're shooting your video, don't despair.
Your video will still perform just fine.
5) Don't Get Lost in the YouTube "Black Hole" When you log into your YouTube account, remember that you are there as a small business owner.
You don't want to fall into the trap of getting sidetracked with that cute little dog video or the latest Brittany Spears debacle.
You should log into YouTube with a sense of purpose.
In conclusion, don't allow the YouTube marketing process to consume hours upon hours of your valuable time and energy.
Because, if managed effectively, YouTube is a goldmine for marketing your business and can literally bring hundreds of free visitors to your website every single month.